The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center Maastricht (CAC) is the central point of contact in Europe, caring for the needs of current and prospective Mercedes-Benz and smart customers. Forty two different nationalities add diversity and enrich an organization dedicated to satisfied customers and high performance. Employees act as brand representatives ensuring that customers receive personal assistance in their own language at a consistently high level.
Our Customer Service departments answer customer enquiries and complaints, while the Service24h department organizes roadside assistance for customers. Services related to customers mobility guarantee availability 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Retail Service department supports technical and product related competencies for CAC, Mercedes-Benz and external parties.
The Data Steward is part of the Business Intelligence Contact Center team. As a Data Steward, you are responsible for defining and implementing policies and procedures for the day-to-day operational and administrative management of systems and data — including the intake, storage, processing, and transmission of data to internal and external systems.
The task of this department is to provide transparency to the organization about the performance and quality of our contact centers, agents, dealers, local sales organizations and processes as well as the satisfaction of our customers with these products and services.
The team consists of Business Intelligence, Business Analytics, Data Science, and Data Stewardship.
As a Data Steward in our company you are responsible for the following topics:
- Define the data and identify assets within their own data domains. This ensures there isn’t conflict with other data elements.
- Overseeing the life cycle of a particular set of data. responsible for defining and implementing policies and procedures for the day-to-day operational and administrative management of systems and data
- Responsible for establishing data-quality metrics and requirements, including defining the values, ranges, and parameters that are acceptable for each data element
- Establish guidelines and protocols that govern the proliferation of data to ensure that privacy controls are enforced in all processes
- Define policies and procedures for access to data, including the criteria for authorization based on role and/or the individual
- Monitor data usage to assist teams, share best practice trends in data use, and provide insight into how and where teams can use data to help in day-to-day decision-making.
- Draft simple models autonomously and more complex ones with supervision. Draft, understand the implications of, and apply conceptual and logical models.
- SQL -> Write (nested) custom calculations and aggregation, multiple joins
- Create dashboards using multiple data sources, setting the usage of slicers and their effect on charts
- Perform impact analysis on complex changes along the whole lineage(e.g. impact of complex changes in the CRM system on a dashboard/report)
Wat are we looking for?
- Bachelor/Master in the area of Information technology, computer science, or management information systems or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of SAFe/Houston/ Prince2 in order to lead an agile team as product owner/sub-project.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as Data Steward in complex environments
- Relational database proficiency
- Very good skills in data modelling and data warehouse concepts
- Literate in: Data Quality, Data Governance, Risk Management, and Data Security
- Understanding of programming language Python or R.
- Conceptual knowledge machine learning/ deep learning AI.
- Knowledge of governance, privacy, and compliance features. Able to set up and administrate DS tools in Azure
- Excellent communicative skills (in English)
- Assertive, pro-active and flexible when needed
- Ability to coach colleagues; provide information of job specific knowledge to a larger group and align vision on topic.
- Social, entrepreneurial, ambitious, and curious with a great drive
- Experience in stakeholder management on different levels
What do we have to offer you?
You will join a multicultural, innovative and informal international working environment with interesting conditions, both primary and secondary.
Furthermore, a collective health insurance at discounted rates, development opportunities, a result-oriented bonus (variable payment) and a non-contributory pension plan are just some of the secondary benefits of working with us.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive relocation package (if applicable).
How can you apply?
Does this role align with your expectations for a new challenge, then please use the “apply” button to upload your CV and Letter of Motivation (English only) and any other documentation that adds value to your application.
For privacy reasons please follow the above process. For privacy reasons we cannot accept any application by email.