Technical Account Engineer
“Persoonlijk, als manager van de afdeling, maar ook de Technical Account Engineers, vinden hun functie de mooiste binnen ons bedrijf! De combinatie van “alles” maakt dat deze functie zo gewaardeerd en gaaf is. Techniek, spin in het web zijn, reizen en culturen/landen leren kennen, Japanse cultuur, veel uitdaging op klant directie niveau, zelfstandigheid, accountmanagement, etc. het zit allemaal in deze functie. “ ( Dion Clephas, Manager Technical Service)
Sekisui S-Lec B.V. Film Plant in Roermond is part of Sekisui S-Lec Europe B.V., which in turn is part of Sekisui Chemical Co. Ltd, the Japanese chemical company. Sekisui S-Lec is the producer of PVB-interlayer film and produces in 6 locations throughout the world. The PVB-interlayer film has applications in what is known as laminated glass in the auto and architecture industry. Sekisui S-Lec uses 2 production locations to supply its own required resources, which is the PVB-resin. In addition to the production location in Minakuchi, Japan, the location in Geleen has been actively producing PVB-resin since the beginning of 2007. The production location in Roermond started in 1996 and consists of a Sales Division, Administrative Division, Technology Division and a Production Division. Approximately 145 employees are active within Roermond, of which 50% is direct personnel.
The Technology Division consists of 3 departments: the Technical Service Department, the Quality Assurance (QA) Department and the Production Engineering Department. These 3 departments respectively are responsible for providing technical services to customers, quality assurance of products and improvement of technical processes and products.
The Technical Service Department is managed by the Technical Service Manager and further consists of an Assistant Manager Technical Service, Technical Account Engineers and the Laboratory
Our client Sekisui S-Lec has commissioned us to find a:
Technical Account Engineer
Strong communicator and customer focused
The Technical Account Engineer is responsible for providing technical service for customers. The Assistant Manager Technical Service takes care of complex technical problems and key customers, whereas the Technical Account Engineer can discuss complex issues with the Technical Service Manager and/or the Assistant Manager Technical Service. The Technical Account Engineer reports to the Technical Service Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Realizing technical customer service and technical support for sales activities, to such an extent that goals in terms of optimal customer service are reached.
EXPECTED RESULTS / ACTIVITIES
• Technical Service:
- Consulting with customers with regard to their product demands;
- Determining product specifications based on customer demands and translating these into documents and contract documents and contracts;
- Analyzing customers technical problems, consulting/discussing with Assistant Manager Technical Service;
- Researching and testing technical problems;
- Advising customers about processing methods based on specialized knowledge of product specifications and processing methods;
- Signaling complex issues and discussing these with Technical Service Manager and/or Assistant Manager Technical Service;
- Visiting new and existing customers, in cooperation with the Sales Division, and representing Sekisui S-Lec;
- Supplying technical information and advice to customers and - in cooperation with the customer - researching and implementing (new) application possibilities.
- receiving and analyzing questions, complaints and claims from customers, consulting with
Assistant Manager Technical Service with regard to cause and nature of the questions
- Taking care of necessary studies and working out a research proposition to solve the
- Coordinating and/or carrying out the research in case of problems or deviating testing
- Discussing research results, making/checking reports and explaining to sales and/or
Improvement of technical service:
- Conducting market research; analyzing competitors activities and products;
- Staying up-to-date with knowledge and developments within the area of expertise;
- Analyzing production and process data;
- Consulting with HQ Japan (R&D Department) and other S-Lec plants considering technical service;
- Implementing improvements regarding technical service.
Process data and reports:
- Analyzing and delivering technical data for the purpose of discussion and decision making.
- Assessing work permits and work instructions;
- Guarding the safety regulations ;
- Guarding arbo-regulations, as well as environmental, health & safety laws and regulations;
- Assessing the consequences of the process in terms of prohibited chemicals, complying to legal and corporate regulations.
- Sekisui S-Lec will offer the successful candidate a very competitive compensation package including
year-end bonus, company performance bonus, individual performance bonus and a company car.
A challenging job opportunity and excellent career opportunities within a dynamic organization.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Permanent basis