The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center [MBCAC] is located in Maastricht, the Netherlands and supports all after sales customers for passenger cars, trucks and vans in Europe. In 2015 the MBCAC has been granted the world wide governance role for all Mercedes aftersales call centers around the globe. As a consequence the local IT Provider for the MBCAC has transformed into a Global Service Provider for the core CRM and telephony applications of Daimler.
Currently we are in the middle of a transition to enable this worldwide expansion to 54 countries and we still have 24 countries to go. Do you want to become a part of our international team and help us setup and operate the global Platform?
The main responsibility of the senior engineer omni-channel is to ensure an effective and reliable telephony and application communication platform within the Compass ecosystem, in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the business processes. You will be part of the team “Application Management and Telephony” which is responsible for the technical architecture, development and operations of the global omni-channel solution and customer experience/engagement, to ensure the integrity of this platform.
In the role as Senior Omni-channel Engineer your tasks and responsibilities are:
- Plan and co-ordinate the execution of assigned changes and projects within CDC's guidelines in order to meet the agreed quality standards, time planning and budgets
- Actively support the business requirements analysis, architecture and technical design specifications, design, further development, testing, implementation and maintaining of:
- The global omni-channel platform
- The global customer engagement platform
- Analyze the impact of upgrades and changes of the CAC IT Environment and support the implementation of upgrades and changes to the existing systems and infrastructure in co-operation with the process owners in order to ensure continuity and improve the efficiency of systems, processes and infrastructure
- Share your knowledge and expertise in the team to ensure continuity, by keeping documentation, providing training material and become recognized as the IT expert within the company for a specific subject / specialism.
- Communicate with customers, suppliers and support teams from problem identification through problem resolutions regarding technical support
- Monitor scheduled jobs, omni-channel & customer engagement components and interfaces to ensure a stable operation
- Participate in Disaster Recovery planning and tests
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Willing to participate in on-call/on-duty shifts
Our expectational skills towards you:
• University degree or Higher Vocational Education
• At least 5-10 years of professional experience in the field of complex and stretched contact center environments
• Good communication skills
• English is our corporate language, German is an asset
• Service the needs of business partners from beginning to end and taking ownership
• Analytical and design thinking with the end customer in mind
• Experience with the agile way of working
• Ability to partner with stakeholders, interact with various levels of management and promote cross departmental collaboration
• Creative mind
• Connecting the dots having the big picture in mind
• Aware of market developments and trends
• Decision making:
• Able to function independently with limited work directions
• Able to steer and manage a small (development) team of assigned resources
• Capability to solve requests/problems when under pressure (e.g. deadlines or major incidents)
• Is able to setup work directions
• Monitor and manage time and prioritize own workload and of the assigned resources
• Escalate any problems/issues if required
• Experience with the Genesys CX Pure engage toolset (inbound & outbound voice, reporting, WFM, G+,GVP, Infomart, Icons, iWD, GAAP)
• Experience with Verint Customer Engagement
• Experience with CTi
• Experience with SIP and voice based solutions
• Experience with Social Media, Chat, Video and (a)synchronous messaging services
• Application lifecycle management
• License management
What do we offer?
The position is for 40 hours a week, from Monday to Friday and occasionally during weekends.
You have the opportunity to work in a growing international company in a young, ambitious, professional and dynamic environment.
A comprehensive relocation package is applicable for candidates living further than km from the CAC and willing to relocate to within 20 km of the CAc
Collective health insurance at discounted rates, self-development opportunities, result-oriented bonus (variable payment) and non-contributory pension are just some of the secondary benefits.