Guide and inspire product development teams by uncovering meaningful human-centered insights that drive great innovations and designs for our customers.
You have the responsibility to increase the level of knowledge within the company about our customers, users and their environments. You design and plan creative research, which you execute together with our product development teams. You interpret quantitative data from the field and combine this with qualitative insights, to complete your views on our customers and their requirements. You influence key stakeholders with stories using writing, visuals and verbal communication. And you share your findings within project teams in relevant and impactful ways, through a variety of formats such as insights, stories, videos, exhibits, etc. You are part of the Design Team (20 design professionals) and work closely with project leaders and other key players in product development, as well as with business stakeholders.
- Understand the needs from the organization and accordingly define research methodologies.
- Independently set up and organize creative research processes.
- Analyze and interpret research findings to establish your view on our customers and their requirements.
- Define and design inspiring and impactful deliverables for communicating your findings to the different stakeholders in the organization.
Who are we looking for?
- Master degree in design and the internal drive to empathize with and represent our customers and users.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to synthesize research findings and insights that will inform and inspire design and product development.
- Ability to balance between research and inspiration, combining quantitative and qualitative insights. Demonstrable experience with quantitative data interpretation is a plus.
- Creative storytelling abilities and the ability to convince people. Fluent in English, verbal and written. Profound knowledge of Dutch or German is a plus.
- Proactive, realistic, have a drive for continuous improvement and the desire to build up an independent vision and view.
- A pioneer to bring this discipline to the next level within Océ.
What can we offer?
We offer you a job in an open and creative environment within an international organization, where you work in multidisciplinary product development teams. All designers are encouraged to bring their competence to the table wherever possible to move things forward. You are challenged to do what is needed to reach your goals, not what is described by procedure. Your contribution is essential for building appealing products and you work on a variety of projects (hardware and software, from early concepts to released products) within product development.
And there is more ….
Besides a challenging working environment, scope for personal and professional development you will receive an interesting package of employment conditions:
- a salary in line with current market standards
- 38 days leave
- travel allowance
- a laptop and a smartphone
- 13th month and 8% holiday pay
- extensive schooling and development opportunities
The Design team is located in Venlo, but partners with all Océ R&D sites worldwide. Our goal is to create one unified and recognizable experience for all Océ solutions: hardware, software as well as services. The focus of the team is on: customer and user research, human-centered design, interaction design, visual design, product design, prototyping, and design validation.
You can apply directly via the 'apply now' button on this page. A portfolio with examples of your work is highly appreciated. For more information about this position please contact Ralf Dreuning, HR Specialist, m +31 6 14205902.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Océ is a global leader in digital imaging, industrial printing and collaborative business services. Océ's mission is to accelerate new digital print technologies and transform them into local printing products and services for blue-chip multinationals around the globe and creative studios around the corner. A Canon Group Company, Océ operates a vast global network of R&D centres to connect emerging digital print technologies to future markets.