Supplier Management Representative
The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center is an international multicultural organization and an integrated part of Daimler's Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales. In our offices in Maastricht we think and act globally and assume a leading role for the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Centers all over the world. Our goal is to provide excellent assistance to our customers and dealers of well-known Daimler brands like Mercedes-Benz, AMG, smart, Setra and Mercedes me. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, we ensure our customers' mobility with our roadside assistance.
Additionally, we take care of all kinds of enquiries about passenger cars, trucks and vans during our opening hours. For our customers we are maybe the most important connection to the Mercedes-Benz brand. That's why we live the brand's most important promise: “The best or nothing”.
The team is a part of the Critical Parts Management Department (CPM) of the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center Maastricht N.V. CPM is dealing with global escalations for parts in the Mercedes-Benz logistics chain. The supported entities consist of the Mercedes-Benz local headquarters, general distributors, wholesale locations and appropriate retailers.
The Supplier Management Representative acts within a Logistic Department and reports directly to the Operations Manager. The Supplier Management Representative is responsible for the management and performance optimization of a certain number of suppliers. He/ She ensures that the KPI's and business objectives are met and works closely with our internal logistics departments as well as with external business partners to ensure the delivery of spare parts in a timely manner.
The employee acquires in depth assortment and process knowledge in the own area and works closely with the supplier to optimize and retain the business performance in accordance to our KPI's. The Supplier Management Representative pro-actively monitors risks and backlogs and handles escalations independently. The employee is able to bring in his/he acquired business and process knowledge to analyze and find appropriate solutions. It is in the job owner's responsibility to coordinate and communicate with internal and external business and process partners and organizes on site business reviews.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Safeguard knowledge of processes, tools and systems MBCAC/GLC to the most current level.
• Actively share knowledge and processes.
• Deliver high performance on quality, KPI's and customer experience in a key account function for multiple markets
• Accountability for own national / international supplier base
• Constantly build knowledge of production processes for assortment
• Building strong and regular relationship with suppliers as well as other internal and external business partners to ensure supply business objectives are fulfilled
• Pro-actively monitor and track supplier business performance
• On site visits and performance reviews with supplier
• Resolve escalations and Fastlane's. Identify need for higher escalations and involve specialists or subject experts according to the process and time required.
• Ensure professional standard of communication to internal-/external Business Partners Worldwide
• Methodological and LEAN approach to problem solving (IF/NOT/THEN/WHEN/etc)
• Pro-actively identify and signal quality improvements and efficiency gained within supported services
• Able to make decisions and take responsibility in own business area
• Use high level of logical thinking / reasoning
• Very good business acumen and knowledge of supply chain and production processes
• Very good organizational and communication skills
• Professionally present business analysis to external and internal stakeholders
• Experience with business reviews and key account management
• Fluent level in English, German and preferably an additional CAC language, written and spoken
• Ability to manage complexity under high pressure and stress
• Demonstrates agility and highly results oriented
• Independent and self-accountable working approach
• Demonstrate active attitude in own development in knowledge and skills
• Strongly oriented to Customer's Satisfaction and quality of service
• High analytical and organizational skills
• Willingness to travel
• Higher education in business, supplier management or automotive production is preferred
We offer you a job in a multicultural, young and informal international working environment with interesting conditions, both primary and secondary:
- A “tailor made” individual development plan
- Transportation plan: free bike every 3 years, free public transport or contribution to fuel costs
- Collective health insurance at discounted rates
- Pension plan
- 200 vacation hours (based on full time employment)
- Holiday allowance: 8% of annual salary
- Competitive performance based salary growth
- Result oriented bonuses
- Lucrative relocation package. If applicable, you will also be reimbursed for first arrival, housing fee, and moving costs.
Based on a full-time position of 40 hours per week, between Monday to Friday, dayshift. We provide an extensive initial training and a follow up program.You will be offered one contract with a duration of one year, after this the contract will be of an indefinite time.
Please use the “apply” button to upload your CV and Letter of Motivation (In English) and any other documentation that adds value to your application.
For more information about this vacancy please contac +31 43 356 2708.