Senior Intellectual Property Officer - Sappi locations Europe
At Sappi Europe, we will continue to consolidate and reinforce our position as one of the world's leading producers of coated fine paper. To make our dreams come true, we need the right people to share our key employment values: integrity and trust, freedom with responsibility, courage to explore new avenues and personal development.
When you join us, you will become part of a dynamic company that strives to be the best in whatever we do.The world in which we live and work continues to undergo rapid and significant change. In that context Sappi Europe requires people who are able to understand the world of a sustainable tomorrow.
We are looking for a Senior IP Officer. In this role you will report to the Director R&D.
You will manage the patent portfolio of Sappi Europe and guide technical development teams in protecting IP in their development of technology and product. You will coach and train R&D and technical teams in IP-related issues. You will secure, in close cooperation with Sappi Europe's (SEU) Legal Department, optimal protection of SEU's IP portfolio as well as Freedom to Operate in product-, process- or technology developments undertaken by SEU. You will develop and implement effective and efficient tools to be used in IP-related research and investigations. You will initiate, manage and execute complex IP-protection and patent filing processes. You will build and maintain strong relationships with external partners such as patent attorney, based on technical skills and affinity towards IPrelated legal elements.
- You have at least a Master degree, preferably a PhD in Chemistry, Physics or Material Sciences;
- You have minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience in managing IP portfolios, with a proven ability to understand complicated technical elements and an affinity towards legal and specifically IP-related issues;
- You have a proven track-record in skills to bridging complex research activities in an industrial environment with IP-related elements;
- Proven ability to lead and motivate others;
- Project management experience and experience in working within total work systems;
- Demonstrated on-time delivery and achievement of challenging & complex objectives;
- Demonstrated strategic, conceptual and analytical skills in defining holistic approaches going forward;
- Demonstrated personal flexibility, open and receptive and an excellent listener;
- Able to organise engaging communication to different target groups by being an engaging leader and change driver;
- Excellent business acumen, perspective and holistic view and demonstrated organisational agility;
- Maintain excellent stakeholder and peer relationships;
- Comfortable around higher management;
- You speak and write fluently English, any German / Dutch / Italian / Finnish language skills would be a plus;
- Able to travel regularly within Europe including nights away.
Jeroen Warnier +31 43 326 08 00