Manager Nanocellulose Competence Center
Over de werkgever
The Nanocellulose Competence Center is part of the Central Reseach & Development department and located in Maastricht, near the Nanocellulose Pilot Plant.
The department consist out of 12 R&D professionals.
Sappi is a global diversified woodfibre company focused on providing dissolving wood pulp, packaging and speciality papers, graphic papers, as well as biomaterials and biochemicals to our direct and indirect customer base across more than 150 countries. Sappi has over 12,800 employees in over 35 countries and manufacturing operations on three continents.
Your main responsibilities as a Manager Nanocellulose are to manage the development of the nanocellulose technology and the availability of optimized products to the Nanocellulose business unit.
You are responsible for enhancing Sappi's relative competitive position in the field of nanocellulose technology.
Main activities include:
Know how: ensure Sappi has up-to-date expertise on CNF technologies to strengthen Sappi's competitive advantage
New developments: initiation, management and execution of complex research and product development based on Sappi's CNF processes to ensure Sappi has the image the most innovative company in the paper industry
Project realisation and R&D management: management, execution and coordination of complex development projects, assuring realisation of targets, specifications, planning and budget
Technological integration: integration of all global technological disciplines on product- and process technological issues, Manager NCC leads the competence centre and is responsible for coaching, engaging and developing all members of the NCc
Research and analytical tools: development and implementation of effective and efficient analytical tools and equipment to be used in research, development and testing
- PhD or MSc in (bio)chemistry, physics or materials science
- 10 years of relevant experience, with a proven ability to manage complex development projects, preferably in cross-regional teams
- Must have a strong technical background with affinity towards commercial success
- Proven track record in management skills bridging complex research activities in an industrial environment
- High degree of engagement and flexibility
- Stimulating a creative and entrepreneurial spirit in the team
- Results driven and focused on speed and quality of output
- Expertise in project management (reporting, organisation, planning, budget control)
- Must preferably have the potential and ambition to grow to a higher level of R&D management
- Professional command of English
- Effective communication skills and good sense for political savvy
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- A great management position within a international company
- Good development environment
- A growing market
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
Paper Support One is an executive search agency specialized in the pulp, paper and board industry. Sappi works exclusively with Paper Support One for the position of Manager Nanocellulose Competence Center. If you have any questions, please contact Pim van Meeuwen (+31 653265511). If you want to apply, you can visit our website www.papersupportone.com and apply directly.