Project Leader Innovation, Product and Process Development - Maastricht
Over de werkgever
The company produces frozen snacks and meal components for the retail and wholesale industry. The strength of the company lies in conducting both private labels as well as their well known brands.
Yearly, the site is producing an extensive and high quality assortment of snacks at a 30.000 ton volume. They are able to achieve this because of their 300 enthusiastic and well motivated employees. They are striving for continuous improvement and excellent teamwork. As an addition to this team, we are currently looking for a Project Leader Innovation, Product and Process Development with a specialisation in Cheese.
We are currently looking for an experienced Product Developer as an addition to the Innovation department.
The challenge: develop new cheese products. Together with your colleagues, you will fulfil a pro-active role in continuous innovation and optimization of the product range with a focus on cheese products. You will be responsible for the following:
- Initiating and managing strategic innovation projects, private label projects and procurement projects;
- Spotting trends on technological developments in the industry;
- Generating ideas to translate trends to new and improved products, processes and concepts;
- Building a center of knowledge in cheese;
- Coordinating the complete process of product development: from prototyping and pilot productions to the implementation in production, including supporting the engineering of production processes related to cheese;
- Guaranteeing successful implementation of various projects by performing operational tasks and working according to structured and efficient procedures;
- Drafting recipes and specifications, preparing samples and evaluating test results and consumer tests;
- Paying attention to value-engineering;
- Consulting with your colleagues of Marketing, Purchasing, Sales, Production and QA as well as with suppliers of machines, raw materials and semi-manufactured goods on a regular basis.
In this position you report directly to the Manager Innovation and you will support him in managing the innovation portfolio.
For this position we are looking for an experienced entrepreneur with affinity for food, who possesses the following:
- Academic degree in Food, preferably with a specialization in Cheese Technology;
- Experience in a Product Development role with focus on innovation and process development. Experience within the food industry is preferred;
- Passion for food with good sensory skills;
- You are a planner, structured, stress resistant, able to set priorities and able to lead several multidisciplinary projects simultaneously;
- Strong personality and team player with strong personal input;
- Creativity, entrepreneurship and pro-activity are your intrinsic characteristics ?" you are looking for challenges and want to achieve the best results;
- Flexible ?" prepared to incidentally work irregular hours;
- Excellent communicative skills in English and Dutch;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office. Experience with Innovation Process Management or a similar program is preferred.
We offer a challenging position in a professional and ambitious organization. You will mainly work from the Maastricht site, but incidentally you will travel to other sites within the Netherlands or abroad.
For more information about the position you can contact Surge for Sciences by phone +31 (0)43 321 71 71.
Are you creative, enthusiastic and convinced that you are the ideal candidate for this position? Please provide us with your CV and motivation via the “apply” button.